Friday, July 31

..and that's Life, baby.

I am seriously in love with my Life right now!! I got some food with my sister last night, and then came home and read for a few hours. Actually feel asleep at a decent time (around 1am) and got some much deserved rest :-) woke up at 9am tho haha

Somehow, I'm coming down with a cold. blah. Summer colds suck haha got me feelin' sicker than a dog haha but I've been chuggin' down this hot tea, and eatting cough drops like candy hah!!

I was screwin' around on the computer and found a JAZZY beat that I couldn't turn off repeat haha so I decided to write to it. Hadn't written a song in a while but it felt (and went) great!! Before I knew it... I had 2 verses and a hook finished :-D so I figured might as well record it, right?? Jumped into the studio and before noon had made a hit record.

I just uploaded it to my SoundClick page and made it the Song of the Day. It's called "Good As Could Be" and I'd love to hear your feedback on it! I reeeaally like this one :-D it's so heartfelt. The beat is some smooth, hiphoppy shit. The hook is real hypnotizing. And the verses are pure poetry, no way around it. The song reflects my new found positivity, and showcases how happy I am with my Life. "Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807 - 1882)

After I finished the new track, I made me and my dad some lunch. Did some errands around the house, and then sat in my backyard in the shade and worked on my book :-D what a great day!! I see the World so differently now ha I find beauty in everything I look at. I was looking at the birds fly around for about an hour today haha just watching them and the squirrels and the clouds and the trees. Life is gorgeous. It's breath-taking!

I'm bout to take a shot of NyQuil and get some rest before work. Hopefully I can kill this cold before it starts haha ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment