Monday, June 8

Be careful of my heart.

"You and your sweet smile. You and all your tantalizing ways. You and your honey lips. You and all the sweet things that they say. You and your wild wild ways. One day you just up and walked away. You felt me hurting. But I can forgive you for that now. You taught me something. Something took me half my life to learn. When you give all yourself away. Just tell them to be careful of your heart.

Be careful of my heart. Be careful of this heart of mine. It just might break and send some splinters flying. Be careful of my heart.

You took my love. Thought you took it all.

You took my love.

And now you're gone

But I'm not breaking down. And I'm not falling apart. I just lost a little faith. When you broke my heart. Given a chance.. I might try it again. But I wouldn't risk it all this time. I'd save a little love for myself. Enough for my heart to mend. A little love for myself

One day I just might love again

One day some sweet smile might turn my heart

One day I just might give all myself away"

-Tracy Chapmen

No comments:

Post a Comment