Sunday, June 28

Birthday BBQ extravaganza

I did some errands around the house today to get the place cleaned up and ready... I'm having some friends and family over for a BBQ to celebrate my b-day. Should be a good time, right??

Played some lawn games... got to see some old faces I haven't seen in a while, which was nice. Great food, and tons of it haha! My kinda BBQ, you know?? After people started leaving, me and the fellas retired to the garage to play some videogames.

Everything was all good until some of my family members start talking politics :-/

YES, the golden rule... NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR POLITICAL/RELIGIOUS VIEWS when it's late and we're all just trying to have a good time. Personally, I'd LOVE to engage in such conversation... but there is a time and a place. And, some people don't understand that.

So yeah heated conversation turns into a debate... which turns into raised voices... which then turns into name-calling, and childish banter.

It ruined my night.

We all know what happened to the guy who always talked politics at parties, right? "I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me." - Dave Barry (1947 - )

No comments:

Post a Comment